Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I say:

  1. If I am lucky enough to catch a sunrise: Thank you.
  2. To angry me: Let it be.
  3. When I wake up: (to my puppy) Good Morning, Angel boy, how were your dreams?  (And as he lays there next to me, tail wagging, I cannot be anything but grateful for the day.)
  4. On an intense uphill: (On repeat.) Just keep going.
  5. After a PR: Own it.
  6. Taking water from a race volunteer: (In my head) Pop! Get rid of it!
  7. When I've colossally F'd up: This isn't everything you are.
  8. Fatigued: Left, right, left, right. 
  9. At the base of hill: Hut! 
  10. On my mat: Om Namah Shivaya
  11. If I'm sick or injured: You are here, now, for a reason.
  12. Before I go to sleep: The same 16 word prayer I've said since childhood. 
  13. Sprinting to the finish: Boom!
  14. When anxiety tries to shut me down: Just breathe.  You got this. Just breathe into this.
  15. At the start line: These are your people.  
  16. To my self-conscious side You are enough. 
  17. During pre-race breakfast: More. Carbs. Please. 
  18. If I fall short: Rally.
  19. Through pain: (Channeling positivity) I feel strong. I am fine. I am healthy. 
  20. To dehydration in July: There is a water fountain in ___ miles.  Suck it the F up.
  21. Just starting out on a long run: You have done this before; (and so) you will do it again; and again; and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment