Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3 Miles, unapproved.

Yesterday I got up at 4:30AM, threw on gym clothes, walked my puppy and headed out the door for one of the roughest lifting workouts I've had in a while - all because the block on my "Broad Street 2011" training schedule, 7 rows down and one column over, indicated it was, indeed, a "lifting day."  1.5 hours later, my fatigued arms were barely able to wash my hair, I'd been surprised by the small gift of a relatively hot shower and the usual pre-7AM-Zumba cluster of 10 middle-aged, highly caffeinated and pre-menopausal women complaining for the sake of it, was cut to a moderately-pitched gaggle of 4.  Needless to say, it was a fantastic start to a Monday and a great workout. 

10 hours later...I went outside the grid (of my training schedule), colored outside the lines (drawn by my physical therapist) and broke a promise (to everyone that I wouldn't add miles) - and it was the best decision I've made  in a while. 

I ran 3.25 miles in 31 minutes for the fun of it; not because a block on a grid told me to.  No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment