Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014: Be Happy. Be Bright. Be You.

"There is no passion to be found in settling for a life
that is less than the one you are capable of living"
- Nelson Mandela -

Wikipedia says, "a New Years Resolution is a secular tradition, most common in the West but found around the world, in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement starting on New Years Day." However, I've always operated under the assumption that short term goals lead to long term dreams and, accordingly, treated resolutions more like a twelve month bucket list.  Without this list, kept in the first few pages of my Franklin Covey Planner, I'd certainly feel slightly less accountable if not completely untethered.  

In reviewing my 2013 Bucket List, I'd say, "she believed she could, so she did."  

Looking forward to 2014, I want to focus on this idea: "Do not be afraid to fail.  Be afraid not to try."

And so it begins with these highlights from my handwritten list:
  1. Run 2000+ miles.
  2. Stop picking my thumbs.
  3. Be present.
  4. Meatless Mondays and Thursdays.
  5. One new marathon.
  6. An Ultra.
  7. November Project: Wednesdays, 6:30 AM, Art Museum Steps.
  8. No more Splenda.  
Think happy thoughts and put a smile on your face so that positive opportunities can find you.
Here, there and everywhere: 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment