Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Shoes.

Dear New Asics Gels:

As I sit here, on the floor in my quiet living room, legs outstretched, my right knee aches ever-so-slightly and I'm left to wonder if it's because of you.

I know I left you in the box for 5 days, sitting on my office floor, brilliantly berry and silver, waiting to be called up to the trenches.  I would apologize but the familiar ache in my knee tells me there was at least a little truth to the whispers in my head about you.

I wish I could trust that even the slightest change in my running regimen, gear, attitude, diet or gate wouldn't completely throw me spinning back to physical therapy, mri's and waiting rooms.  I know that the world, this sport and my body are not built by such extremes like I know you are the exact same shoe I wore 6 days ago, but with more support and a little sass.  I will trust you soon.

After 5 miles today and 45 minutes together, in the pre-summer heat, I think we fought well through our first date jitters, made small talk, laughed a bit and developed a nitch.  You may have been a little stiff in the beginning and my steps may have pounded more than usual, but in the end, I think the stride was hitting solidly and your support was well appreciated.

I'm looking forward to another 3 months of romance, trust and high fives!

No comments:

Post a Comment