Friday, April 1, 2011

A week in review.

This week I:

Revisited two-a-days for the second time since 1998;
lifted a barbell 105 times;
ran for 45 minutes without satellites to make me feel badly about my pace;
wore slippers in the office (only to ease up on my aching Achilles of course);
drank more water;
ate more carbs;
stressed about the additional carbs (read: M&M's);
received a perfectly timed "keep your head up and just get this done" from my favorite physical therapist;
got up every day at 4:30AM to hit the gym, hard, before work;
realized that, under the florescent lighting of a Federal Court's 1970's bathroom, ten hours post-application, makeup does not look so fresh and the lines around my eyes are, indeed, lines around my eyes;
forgot to go to that dentist appointment, again;
found myself at the wrong end of an April Fool's joke (thanks, dad); and
Signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon.

Yesterday, training was for this hurdle.  Today this hurdle officially has a name.  I'm not afraid of you, Marathon - in fact, you're what gets me up at 4:30AM five days a week, what focuses me on days when everything aches, drives me when I'm empty and carries me when no one else will.  Until we meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment