Friday, April 1, 2011

One Month

Dear Broad Street Run,

When my knee aches after a run, I do not automatically fear.  I RICE.
When I have a bad run, I do not doubt the existence of all of the great runs that came before.
When hills hurt, as they often do, I do not convince myself you are flat and I will be fine.
When miles make my tendons scream, I do not allow myself the luxury of a slower pace or a moment of "what if I can't do this."

I may have broken down and broken my knee last October, but I want you, especially, to know I'm stronger for it.  Setbacks are only such that we allow them to be.  Every mile I run that brings me closer to you is a hard fought reminder of how far I fell. But, 7 months later, it's been one hell of a climb back up.

[High Five] JC

No comments:

Post a Comment